Phone: (610) 994-0909

Frequently Asked Questions

What is included in a Comprehensive Energy Audit?

Typically thermal imaging, carbon monoxide and draft testing, gas leakage testing, health and safety inspections, visual assessment of mechanical, ventilation, and exterior systems, and an in-home consultation are provided during our standard audit. Copies of all images, including thermal camera pictures, are typically provided to the home owner for their review and records. Additional services may be added.

Why should people with older homes utilize your service?

Older homes tend to be more drafty and less energy efficient than newer homes. Therefore, they often provide a greater return on the retrofit investment. Older homes may also have potential health and safety risks such as asbestos or knob and tube wiring. These issues should be addressed to lessen impacts on the family.

Why should people with newer homes utilize your service?

Newer homes can present completely different problems than older homes. Some newer homes that we test are actually too tight, meaning that the home may have poor indoor air quality, mold, and/or moisture problems. Therefore, even brand new homes and the families that live in them can suffer from various issues due to how the house is performing. 

Approximately 85 percent of all homes in the U.S. have one or more issues affecting the quality of life of the occupants. Do you think your home is in the other 15 percent? Why take that risk? Let one of our BPI certified professionals help!

Is it better to have your services scheduled during the spring, summer or fall?

The short answer is no. Why wait to be more comfortable and lower your utility bills when you can start today? While thermal imaging works best with greater differences in temperature, it is only one part of a Comprehensive Energy Audit. We work throughout the year to help improve our customers’ homes and their quality of life. Call us today to start improving yours!

Contact Us Today